What over a decade’s research has taught us about Artwork Management
Years of successful and not-so-successful artwork management processes have led us to chalk out a set of best practices so that you don’t have to.
Let’s face it. Regulatory Agencies are becoming stringent on Labeling. Coupled with today’s economic environment, enterprises are focusing on operational excellence, cost-cutting, and Return On Investment (ROI) to help maintain profitability. So we’ve come up with 9 to-do’s that can conform across industries.
So how do you figure out a best practice that works for you? The thing is there’s no one-size fits all. But here are a few pointers that’ll help you mould your own set of SoPs that work for you optimally.
Where are you right now? Analyze your Current State
One of the biggest fears people face when looking at an Artwork Management solution is that they don’t know how to get started, or they’re afraid they’re going to “get it wrong”.
Successful implementations of Artwork Management Solutions start by understanding your current processes and needs
- What are your current business processes?
- What is your existing organizational structure – how are assets routed? Who is involved? How are responsibilities divided up?
- Where are the current pain points and bottlenecks?
What should your most efficient workflow look like?
Once you understand how your existing processes work, you can start thinking about your desired workflow and the specific tasks performed by various individuals. An efficient workflow is imperative to keeping track of your assets. The solution should be powerful and flexible enough so that you aren’t pigeonholed into a limited workflow.
Typical questions that need to be answered are :
1. Who initiates the Request for Artworks ?
- For Global New Product Launches ?
- For Regional New Product Launches ?
- For Line Extensions ?
- For Global Promos ?
- For Regional Promos ?
- For Revisions
- at a Component Level ?
- at an SKU Level ?
How many answers does your present system come up with?
2. Who checks what and When ?
- Who checks the Text Matter and When ?
- Who checks the Color and When?
- Who checks the key-Lines and When?
- Who checks the Dimensions and When?
- Who checks the Barcodes and When?
3. Who should be alerted and When ?
4. Who needs to have access to a particular version of a file and when. For example Who needs to have access to the obsolete artworks?
Resolve all issues of diffused accountability with ManageArtworks. Launch your next best thing on the most efficient artwork workflow management system. Reach out to the experts. Contact us now!